.za (South Africa) Registered Domain Names List Download / .za zone file
.za is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for South Africa. It is administered by the .za Domain Name Authority (ZADNA).
None of the official names for South Africa can be abbreviated to ZA, which is an abbreviation of the Dutch Zuid-Afrika. Dutch was considered an official language in the Union of South Africa until 1961; it subsequently lost its synonymous status with Afrikaans in 1983 and Suid-Afrika is now the more common regional spelling. However, the .sa domain is used by Saudi Arabia and ZAR also serves as the ISO 4217 currency code for theSouth African rand.
Even the international vehicle code for South Africa has been “ZA” since 1936.
2nd level domains
- .ac.za – South African academic and tertiary societies
- .co.za – general use by South African and non-South African persons and entities
- .edu.za – South African further education training and private colleges
- .gov.za – South African government & its departments and entities
- .law.za – South African legal firms
- .mil.za – South African Department of Defense & its institutions
- .net.za – primarily for network & internet infrastructure providers
- .nom.za – personal names, not organizations
- .org.za – primarily for, but not limited to, South African non-commercial entities.
- .school.za – for schools in South Africa
- .ecape.school.za – Eastern Cape
- .fs.school.za – Free State
- .gp.school.za – Gauteng
- .kzn.school.za – Kwazulu-Natal
- .mpm.za – Mpumalanga
- .ncape.school.za – Northern Cape
- .lp.school.za – Limpopo
- .nw.school.za – North West
- .wcape.school.za – Western Cape
- .web.za – general use by South Africans & non-South Africans
- .alt.za – Historical registrants
- .ngo.za – for non-governmental organizations. New registrations pending .za DNA public consultation process
- .tm.za – for trademarks. On hold pending establishment of the .ZA DNA
.za domain names list
Includes:including .za .co.za .mil.za
More than 281,768 domains included.
|Release date:||October 31, 2015|
|Last updated:||December 1, 2018|
|Software application type:||Database|